AileyCamp The Group serves students grades 7 through 12 and is an extension of AileyCamp, a nationally acclaimed camp for youth ages 11 – 14. Group members have the opportunity to participate in a year-round program of dance classes, presentation opportunities, personal development and field trips to attend dance performances and other arts events around the region.
The mission of AileyCamp The Group is to:
- create innovative and traditional choreography
- expose students to varied dance techniques and performances
- offer students opportunities to explore our diverse cultural institutions
- deliver personal development instruction through rap sessions and forums
- develop healthy eating and fitness options into lifestyle
The program goals are to:
- make accessible a comprehensive dance education program, intended for students to learn and develop primary skill techniques in Ballet, Jazz Dance, and Modern Dance with an emphasis on artistic excellence and merit
- encourage and promote the development of a work ethic as well as understanding and commitment to personal and group responsibility
- promote cooperative learning opportunities that enable students to communicate, negotiate and solve problems in a creative, process-based forum
- enable all students to perform and exhibit their achievements for their peers, school, family, and community
Classes are held twice weekly after school and on Saturday from October – May in the KCFAA Studio at 1714 East 18th St., KCMO 64108.
Enrollment is open and on a first come first served basis. Space is limited and programs fill quickly! Enrollment requires the completion of the KCFAA Studio Program Enrollment Form for each student with a parent/guardian’s signature and payment of a $35.00 registration fee ($50.00 for families with more than one child enrolled) due before students can attend classes–NO EXCEPTIONS. This fee applies to the program year (Sept-May) and may be waived based on family income. Registration Fee Waiver Form available upon request. For more information please feel free to contact us, 816.471.6003.
Interested families should visit KCFAA at 1714 East 18th Street, Kansas City, Missouri between 10:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday to fill out enrollment forms or follow the link below.
Visit Arts Education Programs Downloads for enrollment information, schedules, and downloadable forms.