AileyCamp The Group serves students grades 7 through 12 and is an extension of AileyCamp, a nationally acclaimed camp for youth ages 11 – 14. Group members have the opportunity to participate in a year-round program of dance classes, presentation opportunities, personal development and field trips to attend dance performances and other arts events around the region.
The mission of AileyCamp The Group is to:
- create innovative and traditional choreography
- expose students to varied dance techniques and performances
- offer students opportunities to explore our diverse cultural institutions
- deliver personal development instruction through rap sessions and forums
- develop healthy eating and fitness options into lifestyle
The program goals are to:
- make accessible a comprehensive dance education program, intended for students to learn and develop primary skill techniques in Ballet, Jazz Dance, and Modern Dance with an emphasis on artistic excellence and merit
- encourage and promote the development of a work ethic as well as understanding and commitment to personal and group responsibility
- promote cooperative learning opportunities that enable students to communicate, negotiate and solve problems in a creative, process-based forum
- enable all students to perform and exhibit their achievements for their peers, school, family, and community
Classes are held twice weekly after school and on Saturday from October – May in the KCFAA Studio at 1714 East 18th St., KCMO 64108. Classes are free, with a $35 registration fee (may be waived based on family income).
KCFAA Studio Program Enrollment-Level Placement Class Information 2012-2013
For enrollment of new AileyCamp The Group Members (7th – 12th Grade Students)