Ailey Trio is an engaging 50-minute presentation with three dancers from the internationally acclaimed Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater performing brief excerpts from its current repertory.
The presentation is an exciting blend of lecture, class, and informal performance, designed to provide an appealing experience that focuses on the importance of commitment, responsibility and integrity, exercise and physical fitness, and what it takes to realize dreams. These three dancers give up their vacation time to come to Kansas City and empower young people.
The program’s goals are to continue KCFAA’s mission of extending modern dance into the community, using the art form to encourage active participation in the learning experience, and elevating students’ awareness of the many career choices available through the arts.
Ailey Trio January, 2014
- Location: Your School or Business
- Date: Jan 13-17, 2014 ~ during school day
- Times: Between 8:30am and 3:00pm
- Fee: $600 per presentation
- Grades: K – 8th
- Length: 60 minutes
- Other: Must have floor area (20′ x 30′ minimum); minimum one chaperone/classroom
- Maximum Audience size: 400
- Ailey Trio – Study Guide